marți, 5 iunie 2012

Long Weekend Behind

Las weekend was, as I said yesterday, a long and loaded one. Besides Mara's busy dancing schedule, on Friday, the 1st of June, we've celebrated The Children's Day and yesterday it was the Whitsun (Rusaliile), a very big Christian celebration, and a day off here, in Romania.


So, between two dance shows, we spent our time in the park,  skating...
 

... or driving...


... eating cotton candy...
 

... wearing pastel cotton candy colors...


... playing tennis on the street, and throwing the ball up, over the electricity wires, and spending half an hour trying to disentangle it...
 

... and mounting the swing on the terrace at 7'o clock in the morning...
 

Finally, after almost one month of rain and leather jacket cold, we set our table outside! 
In Italy, Bogdan invented a bonus system for eating veggies: for every raw vegetables the children eat, they receive bonus points and they can afterwards exchange the points in gifts. For instance: tomatoes bring 3 points, cucumbers 1,  carrots 1, 3 olives for 1 point, and so on.


It's easy to see that they ate lots of vegetables lately, we collected their points and we generously added some for good behavior and for Kid's Day, too. So, three new bikes found their way to our garage: Runa chose a retro model, Mara a pink one, and for Radu we picked a pirate's model from Decathlon.





Is was great to spend so much time with the kids outside, we are kind of house-mice-computer-and-ipad-freaks, but we try to change that, encouraging them to move, to love sports and nature. 

It would be more about last weekend (told ya' it was a long and busy one!), but I think I will share some later.

On the same matter, I have in plan to start some sports, too, to help me lose weight and tone my body. Due to the chronic spine problems, the only gym I practiced in the last couple of years was the medical one (OK, OK, just sometimes. Rarely. Almost never.). But I found those classes at Ballet Beautiful on the internet and I was so delighted to try some steps on my own, so I decided to try more. 

I shared this because I think I'm not doing enough for my well-being, and I need some encouragement, too. Comments and stories are very welcomed!

Have a perfect day, my friends!

Niciun comentariu: