marți, 1 februarie 2011

Runa in the Kitchen

With a good example from her grandmother, Runa started to cook. 
Is a great accomplishment, because I don't cook too much, even if I like it. 
Trust me, with 2 jobs and 3 kids, if somebody cooks for me, I am really grateful!
She made some cookies for Mara's birthday, and I promised her we will make some muffins tomorrow.


 We used a recipe book from Reader's Digest, gorgeously illustrated, but we had to pay more attention to details, since we found out some of the ingredients are missing from the final recipe.






The final product, hand shaped and round cookies, decorated by Runa, met Mara's expectations. She gave them to all the kids from her birthday party, and told them her sister made and decorated all the cookies. Even they are fighting on daily basis, I think they love each other and I hope they will live in great understanding later. Ta-taaam!

4 comentarii:

Marie spunea...

I love seeing several generations cooking together, it's very heartwarming.
I fought with my sister constantly for so long. But we really took care of each other too. Now we are separated by an ocean and we miss each other terribly.

Camelia spunea...

That's how life is... and I will say a common place: you know what you have lost only when it's gone... Hope you'll see your sister more often.

Zâna de la colț spunea...

So you'll bite Runa's hands :-)

Camelia spunea...

@ Zana Buna Rau: something like that :-). It was difficult to put the cookies in shape, because she was afraid, but I used someting not sharp, of course :-)