duminică, 16 ianuarie 2011

My Bedside Table

As I said from last week, here is my bedside table, I will try to share every Sunday the latest titles I read. I'd really like to know what you are reading now, please share! 


This week I have a chick lit book, "Mini Shopaholic" of Sophie Kinsella, a very weak reading. Is not worthing more than 2 hours, so I finished it very fast. 
The first one, "Confessions of a Shopaholic", is better and I did not read the rest of the books of the Shopaholic's series. But this one is deffinitelly the last one I buy from this author.


As an interesting and funny story, the author was already a very successful writer before the "Shopaholic" series, on her real name: Madeleine Wickham. She submitted the first novel from this new series anonymously, and she was rejected from her existing editors, without knowing that she already was one of their authors. 


The other one is a different story, "The Grammar of Fantasy: An Introduction to the Art of Inventing Stories" by Gianni Rodarte. This is an Italian classic and the book is a marvelous exploration of the worlds of creativity and imagination. The author's profound understanding of the child's unspoiled imagination brings us some interesting reflections on the art of inventing stories. I really enjoy reading it, but is taking a long time, because I need to think a lot of what I read.

What else in on my bedside table? Another old Elle magazine, French edition, Elmipland hand cream, Elmiplant heels cream... 

2 comentarii:

Zâna de la colț spunea...

Olynth for my breathing problem, hand cream, a pile of magazines, a book about Middle East, a notebook and a pen for the ideas that came late at night.

Camelia spunea...

@Zana Buna Rau: thanks for sharing and wishing you many good ideas to write on you notebook!